Friday, April 15, 2011

Kitchen Deprived...

I MISS COOKING. It has been precisely three weeks since I have been behind a stove and I am about to lose my mind. I've been so busy working that I haven't had the time or energy to devote into making a meal and that breaks my heart. I love to cook, and this is like a drug withdrawal. If anyone would like to open up their kitchen for me to come cook at 11:00 pm when I get off work, please let me know :)

The first thing I ever attempted to cook on my own was in high school... I was making chicken alfredo for my boyfriend at the time and I royally messed it up. I was in such a rush to finish because of his nagging, that the chicken was still slightly pink in the middle and the noodles were not quite finished. The sauce, however, was excellent.... because it was pre-made. Needless to say, our movie date turned into a sick mess. I have bettered my cooking abilities over time, and now I hardly even use recipe cards more than once. I love that I can easily remember what was in something even on just the second time making it. Mongolian beef, stuffed chicken rolls, southwestern eggrolls, italian soup, pork and shrimp lumpias, chicken cordon bleu... I could go on forever with my favorites...

On that note, I am looking for new recipes to try out. I have the same four or five that are my favorites, and it's hard for me to not repeat. I like to try and recreate my favorite things from restaurants, so any ideas would be greatly appreciated :) I have gotten pretty good at the Chili's Southwestern Eggrolls. I am moving back to Plano and in with my Dad in a couple weeks, and I feel like this is the perfect opportunity to test out some new things... home boy will eat anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment