Friday, April 1, 2011

Well, THAT'S awkward...

Embarrassing moments... I have plenty of them. Especially lately. It seems like bad luck has followed me around like a sad puppy for the past week, and the "Oh dear lord, that did NOT just happen" type of situations have been abundant. 
Thursday, I slipped on a wet spot on the floor at work... this was no ordinary fall. No, I didn't spill anything I was carrying (Duh! Don't you know me?!) but what happened was far more devastating. I ripped my pants. And not your ordinary little split. Hello customers, would you like to see my rear?? 

Told ya. Yowza.

Today, while doing my normal run on the Lunsford Trail around ACU, I was daydreaming about something and completely forgot what I was doing. Not paying attention, I ran smack into a guy about my age who was running towards me. He was quite a bit bigger than me, but the force of me running full speed knocked him to the ground. How unbelievably embarrassing is it to be a girl apologizing to a guy for knocking him over? Do I make a joke about it? "Oh excuse me, little boy. Seems my muscles and brute force seem to completely overpower yours! See you later!" I stood there looking like a complete fool while I managed to force the only two words I could think of out of my mouth- "My bad..."
Apart from those major incidences, there have been the minor awkward moments. Open mouth, insert foot-type comments seem to be my thing lately, especially yesterday. Luckily, knocking over the man on the trail has been my only misfortune for the day... and hopefully it stays that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment