Monday, July 25, 2011

Blindsighted.

You never think you will have to take a phone call like the one I took Friday afternoon. You never think, "Oh, someday someone is going to call me and tell me my mother has breast cancer." Obviously, I am not delusional. I know things like this happen everyday, but when it actually hits you, it hits HARD.

My grandmother had breast cancer and I was devastated, but is it weird to say that it hurts more when it's your own mother? There are so many questions spinning around in my head. Why her? She gets mammograms every single year, for goodness sake! What will happen if she doesn't get the same results as my grandmother (who survived and is completely cancer-free)? What will I do if I lose her...

She is my best friend.

She has an appointment tomorrow for a second opinion. I can't stress how hard I am praying that they were wrong. Those black spots on the last scan were a mistake. The previous doctors had no idea what they were talking about. Praying for a miracle.

For those of you who are friends with me on Facebook, you will notice that I am no longer there. I have deleted my account because I am not prepared to field a thousand questions about my mother. If you have my number, feel free to text me. I would appreciate your prayers.

LOTS of prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment